PLN?? Hmm… What is PLN? Well… as I did a lot of research, come to find out it is not as complicated as I was making it seem to be. My definition of Personal Learning Network is just doing research in finding the information that you are trying to inquire about. There are so many teachers/colleagues/students etc.. that have the answers or that might have questions that you would possibly have the answers to.
If you think about it, we probably all belong to some sort of PLN, if you belong to Facebook, Twitter, any type of social media, then you are part of a PLN. As stated by Kate Klingensmith on her blog page, here are six learning aspects by being part of PLN:
- Professional development- Learn from content-area specialists.
- Locate resources for your classroom, such as free websites and software.
- Get lesson plan ideas from master teachers.
- Learn about new technology and how to integrate it into your teaching.
- Find collaborative solutions.
- Find interesting links to education news.
The only thing that you really need to do is do some research on whatever it is that you need information about. I have already linked to all kinds of information about Special Education (since that’s what field I am going into) through this blog post, twitter and facebook so far. The good thing about all of this new and expanding technology (web 2.0 tools) is that you are only 1 click away from expanding your knowledge on ‘said’ information.